!!!!!Fourth of July Safety Tips!!!!!
Make sure to take extra caution during your holiday celebrations
- Sun Safety-Protect your skin against the sun with SPF, and drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Water Safety-Make sure everyone near water in pools, ponds, lakes or the ocean has the proper skills to swim, keep an eye on young children and check flotation devices for leaks.
- Grilling Safety-Check to make sure your grill is in proper working order, don't ignite charcoal with gasoline or lighter fluid, use heat resistant tools and never lean over an open flame.
- Fireworks Safety-Stay a safe distance away from any fireworks display. Be mindful of children with sparklers, as the wire remains hot enough to burn skin even after the sparks have ended.
- Family Safety-Over 240 million calls are made to 9-1-1 each year. No one ever thinks they will be one of those calls. Prepare yourself for any emergency.
Enjoy and Be Safe!
In observance of Independence Day, Friday July 4th, 2014, the administrative offices of the Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office will be closed. Normal hours will resume Monday, July 7, 2014.
If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1.