In your car
- Don't drive without first locking your doors and closing your windows.
- When walking out to your car, try not to do it alone. Go with a friend, or when there is another group walking out as well.
- Walk to your car with a purpose.
- Do not exit your car if you see a suspicious situation. If you are in doubt, or are approached, drive away.
- If you are being followed, go to a populated public place and call the police.
- Do not let anyone approach you on foot, while in the drive through ATM machine.
- Avoid shortcuts that take you through unfamiliar or unsafe areas.
- When stopped in traffic, leave enough room between your car and the one in front of you, in the event you need to pull away quickly.