Crime Prevention Tips
- Have your keys out and ready when approaching your vehicle.
- Be aware of how you carry your purse or wallet. Would it be easy for someone to take it? Remove any unnecessary items and leave them at hom.e
- Try to carry only the amount of cash you will need to make your purchases and limit the number of credit cards to only the ones necessary for your current shopping trip or for that day.
- Keep a list of all credit cards, along with contact phone numbers for each card and keep it in a safe place. This will help in the event they are lost or stolen.
- Discuss various situations with your children. What will they do if you are separated? What will they do if approached by a stranger? What will you do?
Practice an exercise used often by police and military called Crisis Rehearsal. Consider what you would do in various stressful situations. Go through the plan in your mind. If you practice this and then are faced with an unusual situation, you will be able to think more clearly and react more calmly because you have already rehearsed it.